Background

Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

I Will Never Understand Her

Image provided by Dino De Luca

I open my email box and the fist thing I see is not the list of unopened mail but rather the news of a 5-year-old murdered. My fingers freeze on my key board. My body is numb. Not because I have never seen or heard of such things but because the article says her mother sold her. The article stares at me, taunting me to react. I can no longer hold back and give in. How do you forget this? How do you put it out your mind? A child who must’ve suffered so horrifically before death, never given a chance to live life. I don’t get it. I don’t think I will ever understand this world. So much cruelty. Everyone keeps saying focus on the good but it’s difficult when a mother sells her child for sex. It’s not yet 100% certain what has happened but if she did sell her daughter, I will never understand her. Never…Never...

No comments: