Background

Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone

In the area where I live, it never snows unless you're willing to drive about an hour or so to outside the Los Angeles city limits towards the nearby mountains. And believe me, if anything looks remotely close to snow, Angelenos will be out with their cameras trying to capture the moment like a tourist who has just seen the Eiffel tower for the first time. The first year I moved here, it actually hailed. Me and my classmates were so excited as we ran outside, only to be hit by a whole bunch of ice balls. It was fun.

This year, My cousin and I decided to head out to the Grove/Farmers market for an early dinner while watching the fake snow, Christmas decorations, the trolley and Santa's house. There are two sections: The Farmers Market which has been around for years and the Grove which was added not long ago. Farmers Market is more flavorful and traditional with boutique shops and no frills eateries and the Grove is more modern with chain restaurants and stores, movie theaters and a large round water fountain which dances to Italian music. It's easy to spend an entire day there, but the parking can be pricy even with validation.

While there, I got inspired by my cousin's enthusiasm to take some photos. So, do enjoy and a Merry Christmas to all of you.  


On top of the movie theater behind me, there is a machine that spits out snow.
Moved my phone camera up for a better view.
I have no idea who is the man with a hood. I guess he was too tall for me to avoid him.

Last photo opp before we start walking towards the ginger cookie house.
Heading back. Taking a hurried shot before someone passes in front of my camera.
The crowd shifting in my direction.
Ginger cookie house where parents and children line up for a photo opp with Santa. 
Side view of the Trolley. It takes passengers from the west end/farmers market to the east end/grove. 
Last photo: The rear view of the trolley as it rings its bell for fun and for the crowd to move out of its way. 

No comments: