Background

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I Love Los Angeles





 


I Love Los Angeles and there is no other place where I’d rather be.  Outsiders oftentimes misunderstand L.A because they have no idea about all the great things this city has to offer. And so from time to time I will show you my beloved city. I rarely need to go far to take a vacation. All I need to do is to plan a day in the city where I grew up. The weather is perfect most of the time and the people are friendly as long as they are not stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic.

One of my favorite things to do here is to go to museums. Granted, we do not have the quality of artwork and sculptures people find in Europe, but we have some of the most beautiful architectures. Take the Getty Villa for example. I can spend hours there and never get tired of this roman beauty. From their wonderful herb garden to the relaxing water fountain to the sparkling pool which glitters underneath the sun and of course the ever so lovely gardens and courtyards.

Here lays my private space where I can read a good book, meditate, get bedazzled by the antiquities, admire the scenery or enjoy a yummy lunch in their cafĂ©. This is only one of my many favorite get aways, especially when I need to shut down and escape.  Below are a few photos. I wish I had taken more, but I was simply enjoying the moment instead of trying to bottle it up in photos.








2 comments:

Rupert Neil Bumfrey said...

Hello, any vacancies?

Homa Pourasgari said...

HA HA...Hi Rupert. Good to hear from you :)))