Background

Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Iranian Protest


-->
I'm not surprised that Ahmadinejad won. It was to be expected just as it was expected when George W. Bush won when he ran against Al Gore. Except that good old Al should have fought harder but he didn't. Americans should have protested but they didn't. And so, we all lived under the Bush dictatorship for 8 years. Americans going about their day. Foreigners, scared to speak up in fear of getting kidnapped in the middle of the night and being shipped off to some secret prison and tortured by the likes of Rove, Chainey and Rumsfeld. What can I say? Life is unfair and I am politically incorrect. But writing is my only escape from this chaotic world.

I'm not sure what will be the outcome of the Iranian protests. I read a report by the Associated Press that one person has been killed and three injured. The Iranians are brave for getting on the street and fighting for justice. They are are tired and want their freedom and hopefully they will get it someday very soon.

As for me, I am not sure who I am anymore. Iranian? American? Does it matter? After all, we are all the same - human beings who love our families and want to live peaceful lives free of oppression and Tyranny.

No comments: