Background

Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Insomnia




Photo by: Stuart Miles

I have insomnia. I didn’t always have it, but I’ve had it for some time now and can’t seem to shake it off. It would’ve been nice if I was more structured but somehow I fear structure. I fear that it would kill my creativity. So somehow I manage to get my work done. I have no idea how, but I do. For some odd reason, my energy picks up at night. I can run errands, send out important emails reminding people to send me this or that and catch up with my reading. Yet, if someone tries to get in touch with me too early in the morning, they will not get an answer until much later.
 

Photo by: debspoons

Sometimes I get up, half asleep, text or email back and go back to bed. I must be a vampire except that I don’t like blood. Anyway, I was going to go to the Moca today, take some pix and share, but didn’t quite make it. I got caught up again in my search for a home. It was my realtor’s fault, really. He found something that he thought I would like and so I drove all the way across town to check it out. Of course I could’ve waited until next week, but somehow I get too antsy if I do that. It turned out to be all good. I met a lot of nice people and even stopped by to see a few more open houses. One of the houses was amazing. It was a brand new building, contemporary style and spacious, but way too big for me. So, as I drove back and passed through pristine neighborhoods, I noticed that I needed to fill up my tank.
 
 


Thirty minutes later, I stopped by to put gas in my car and ran into an elderly homeless person asking for money. I gave him some. He was grateful and wouldn’t stop blessing me. I felt sad because what I gave him wasn’t much, but to him it was a lot of money. The economy in the U.S is awful and the gap between the haves and have nots is getting bigger and bigger. It’s heartbreaking. And the irony of it all is that I am looking to buy a home. But what about them?
 

No comments: