Background

Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2023

Being sick and The Sacred Space


It’s been one of those months when I take a breath when one thing goes right, and then something else comes along, and knocks me down again. I was excited that my knee was starting to heal, then this cold came on and wore me out. I have been laying around like this cat for the past two weeks and still have not fully recovered. I had no energy, my ribs hurt from nonstop coughing, and I have not been motivated to update this blog until today. 

I’m usually in tune with my body and know right away that something is off, but this cold sneaked up on me. It’s my own fault really. I haven’t been taking my daily dose of vitamins. I don’t care about what anyone says, the right vitamins make a big difference. They saved me from getting Covid, and they saved me from getting seasonal colds, and when I did get a cold, it would last only 2-3 days. And in case you’re wondering what I normally took that prevented me from getting sick in the past, I took:

  • Solaray’s 1000mg vitamin C with rose hips and Acerola
  • Dr. Mercola’s 5000IU vitamin D3 & K2
  • Garden of life Raw probiotics with 100 billion live cultures
  • Solaray 400 mg Magnesium Citrate
  • Solaray 22 mg Zinc Picolinate (I take two)
  • Superior Source 5000 mcg B12
  • Sovereign silver Bio-active Silver Hydrosol, 10ppm

And no, I’m not a doctor, and I do not make any money from promoting these. They just work for me. Some of these brands are pricy. There are probably less expensive brands on the market.


Anyway, while I was sick, I was looking through some of my photos and reminiscing. I want to share this particular place which has a calming and soothing effect on the soulThe Sacred Space in Summerland, CA, which is south of Montecito.

It’s quiet here, and you can just sit somewhere and meditate. There is a small shop that sells books, crystals, incense, and small water fountains, among other things. They also serve tea. 

 


I was making funny faces at my nieces to make them laugh. Ameh means Auntie in Farsi.
Here is more info about Summerland, CA if you decide to visit.

No comments: