Background

Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2023

Diego Garcia

Awhile back, I wrote about Malaysian AirlineFlight 370. At that point in time, all my links worked and everything I talked about in that blog was backed up by research. Unfortunately, things have a way of disappearing. Some links disappear, others are erased on purpose, and YouTube videos go into oblivion, especially the ones that are excellent and informative. Once in a while, new data appears that proves me wrong, and I’m fine with that. But I’m still sticking to my post on disappearance of the Malaysian Airline Flight 370. Even if a lot of the data has disappeared, my post is solid on its own. So, why talk about this?


Well…The military base I talked about in Diego Garcia, is back on the news because the exiled residents of the Chagos Archipelago are asking the British government and United States for an apology and reparation (see video below.) Also, I found a great video regarding the Diego Garcia inhabitants, and how they and their pets were removed to make room for a military base. If you’re interested, I suggest you watch it or that may disappear soon too (see above video). I’m so glad that I found this video because the report is by Christiane Amanpour, a well-respected journalist.

It is important to question everything, and don’t just accept what we hear. This applies to the current situation between Israel and Palestine—there are lots of hands involved. Wonder why Iran is the way it is today? There were lots of hands involved in destroying its democracy, and replacing it with dictatorship, and later with a religious government. But those are topics for another time. I just think we should all look at each other as human beings and not as nationality, race, religion, and gender.

The only time governments care about human rights is if it is politically advantageous to smear another country in the name of human rights. Here are some of the words or sentences politicians use to shut people up as they continue to accomplish crimes against humanity: We’re doing it because it is a matter of national security, You are either with us or against us, it is against the word of God, you are antisemitic, you are a terrorist, and so on and so forth. They weigh and measure negative words, and instill it in people’s minds, such as unpatriotic, atheist, anti-vaxxer, mob mentality, and etc.

So, why not take our time before passing judgement? The truth may not come out today or tomorrow just like the assassination of President John F. Kenndey, but eventually when things calm down, and people have gotten over the shock, and digested the information, the truth will reveal itself.  

 

No comments: