Background

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays 2023

For this post, I drove around L.A’s middle class neighborhoods to take photos of home decorations, mostly from outside, a few from a yard of a friend, and one from the house of someone I know.


I edited the pictures a bit to hide people’s addresses and streets where they live for privacy reasons.
To do this, I had to wait until it got dark outside. Problem was, I noticed some cars slowing down, and people looking at me, wondering if I was casing a house.
One or two homeowners looked out their windows to see what the heck I was doing so close to their house. But, I don’t understand this at all. Because when you decorate the outside of your home, you also want to make your street look more festive, and passersby to admire it.

Anyhow, I tried to take my pictures quickly without getting arrested. That is why you see some blurry photos. Sorry! I tried to be creative with this post, but perhaps capturing festive images of people’s homes wasn’t one of my brightest ideas. I hope that you will enjoy my efforts, anyway.

So, Happy Holidays and lots of love to everyone. I hope that you will find some joy in the season. I know that the holidays can be hard on some people for various reasons. And if you find it difficult to cope, have a cup of hot coco, and grab your favorite book, or watch an old movie, and enjoy.
Below is one of my favorite songs during this time of year. It always makes me want to sing along and feel like a child again. So sing, be a kid, and be jolly…



No comments: